References and background checks
- Professional references – Former employees of the NFLC who are seeking a professional reference should contact their former supervisor directly. Please note that the NFLC will not release contact information for supervisors who no longer work with the NFLC.
- Background checks – The NFLC will not complete forms related to investigative requests unless we are contacted directly by the former employee. The NFLC will discard forms 60 days after receiving them if we are not contacted directly by the former employee.
- Meetings with investigators – A representative from the NFLC will meet with investigators only with a pre-scheduled appointment. Investigators should call the main NFLC reception line to schedule a meeting time with a member of the human resources staff.
Employment verification for former employees and contractors
- Employment verification for former employees – it is the policy of the NFLC to provide written confirmation of employment (an employee’s dates of employment, salary, classification and job title, and reason for separation) for employees who have worked for the NFLC within the last seven years. Please note that requests take a week to process.
- Employment verification for former contractors and consultants – it is the policy of the NFLC to provide written confirmation of the dates of payment and description of work for former contractors and consultants who have worked for the NFLC within the last three years. Please note that requests take a week to process.